This page contains an evolving list of links to other sites that you may find useful - click on the red text to go to the link listed. They are a variety of organisations, groups & businesses that we feel confident & comfortable recommending to you for further resources, support, services or products in the areas of Sexual Freedom, Health & Pleasure in Mind, Body & Spirit - we receive no payment for their inclusion here.
All the information provided here, as well as via our social media channels, is collated, curated & provided free of charge by a volunteer - your donation to support the work of Bliss Festival is most gratefully received & will go directly to support the continuation of this service, thank you! All donations are welcome via PayPal to email@example.com
Choosing a Practitioner, Therapist, Workshop, Training
As this field of work is very new in Ireland we're very often asked to recommend practitioners for one-to-one sessions, workshops & trainings, while we don't feel this is our job here at Bliss Festival we do feel we can offer some information to support you to choose who you might like to work with - click here for some information on the types of services available & some points to consider when choosing a practitioner, workshop or training.
NOTE: we are currently working on workshop & training pages for the website, listing workshops & trainings that we feel confident recommending in the field of sexuality as well as questions to consider before participating in one.
Academic Sexuality Papers from Taylor & Francis
Routledge is the world's leading academic publisher in the Humanities and Social Sciences. The link above contains many free PDF documents on subjects as diverse as pornography, sexting, female sexual expression and much more.
Amy Jo Goddard's BDSM & Kinky Resource Guide
Betty Dodson & Carlin Ross
Betty Dodson and Carlin Ross are two intergenerational, sex-positive feminists whose dialogue on sexuality and feminism entertains and educates while delving into the Politics of Women’s Sexuality. Based in the USA.
Sex, Relationships & You. (for 14 year olds & upwards) UK based.
Bliss Festival Ebook Library
A selection of ebooks that may be of interest on subjects as varied as relationships, sex magick, Tantra and much more. All books contained in the library were freely available online and so no copyright infringement is intended.
Bliss Ireland YouTube Channel
Our channel aims to provide you with both factual information, in terms of sexually transmitted infections, anatomy & physiology etc, and food for thought, in terms of academic research, the opinions & work of various friends & colleagues as well as many other videos in the realms of Sexual Freedom, Health and Pleasure in Mind, Body & Spirit. The channel is updated, approximately, on a monthly basis & you are warmly invited to subscribe!
Free & confidential information for the under 25s, UK based.
Bruce Lyon's Writing
Several books written by Bliss Ireland patron Bruce Lyon on subjects that may be of interest to those with an interest in the intersection between sexuality & spirituality, particularly from the esoteric perspective.
Catholics for Choice
Catholics for Choice (CFC) was founded in 1973 to serve as a voice for Catholics who believe that the Catholic tradition supports a woman’s moral and legal right to follow her conscience in matters of sexuality and reproductive health. Based in the USA but working internationally.
GOSHH - Gender. Orientation. Sexual Health. HIV.
GOSHH is a charity which provides a safe, confidential, welcoming environment for everyone we work with. Our office is based in Limerick City and we work throughout the Counties of Limerick, Clare, and North Tipperary. We focus on the promotion of equality and wellbeing of all with a positive and respectful approach to sexual orientation and gender diversity.
HSE NATIONAL COUNSELLING SERVICE
The HSE National Counselling Service (NCS) is a professional, confidential counselling and psychotherapy service available free of charge in all regions of the country.
The Good Men Project
We are a community of 21st Century thought leaders around the issue of men’s roles in modern life. We explore the world of men and manhood in a way that no media company ever has, tackling the issues and questions that are most relevant to men’s lives. We write about fatherhood, family, sex, ethics, war, gender, politics, sports, pornography, and aging - based in the USA but working internationally.
The Naked Anthropologist
Dr Laura Agustin on Migration, Trafficking & the (sex worker) Rescue Industry - working internationally.
Think Contraception is an initiative funded by the Irish government providing information on sexually transmitted infections, contraception, fertility & pregnancy.
Dr Petra Boynton
Sex, Relationships & the Media - UK based.
Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
Preventing and healing the trauma of rape and sexual abuse.
Erotica Readers & Writers Association
An international community of men and women interested in the provocative world of erotica and sensual pleasures.
International Union of Sex Workers
For our human, civil and labour rights. For our inclusion and decriminalisation. For freedom to choose, respect for those choices and the absolute right to say no. For the full protection of the law. For everyone in the sex industry.
Irish Family Planning Association
The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) is Ireland's leading sexual health charity. The organisation provides sexual health, family planning, pregnancy counselling and training services.
LOOK - Loving Our Out Kids
An Irish voluntary organisation supporting parents who have lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender children.
One in Four
Sexual abuse - from surviving to living.
Our Bodies Ourselves - women's health & sexuality
Women's Health Resource Centre.
Dublin's LGBT Community Centre.
The UK's largest independent therapy organisation working with gender and sexual diversity clients.
Crisis pregnancy services in Ireland.
Belfast - Etain O'Kane, - website
Dublin - Emer O'Grady - website
Internationally via Skype & locally in West Cork - Beth Wallace - website
West Cork - Dr Lisa Brinkmann - website
London - Amanda Middleton - website
Relationships Ireland offers confidential relationship counselling that allows you the opportunity to understand and resolve difficulties in your relationship.
Sensate Films is an up-and-coming producer of premuim-quality, process-based erotic media. We are based in Australia and produce content for web, screen, and print.
Sense About Sex
A website for quality information and education about sexual practices, sexuality, and sexualisation.
Sex ed. for the real world; inclusive, comprehensive & smart sexuality information & help for teens & 20s - based in the USA.
SpunOut.ie provides young people between the ages of 16 and 25 with the information and skills to deal with the difficult things life throws at us and lends a megaphone for our voices to be heard to change our own lives and the world - based in Ireland.
The Guild of Erotic Artists
Promoting the sensual art of erotica for the modern age.
::: Visual Erotica & Pornography :::
Many people ask for recommendations for feminist, ethical or other pornography that is not exploitative or promoting a biased or non-inclusive perspective and so it's been decided to include a section here on Visual Erotica & Pornography. Not all porn is created equal. Feel free to email suggestions for inclusion.......
* PinkLabel.TV - High quality, fair trade adult cinema. The great quality producers at Pink and White Productions now bring you the best in the next generation of independent porn.
* CrashPad Series - Based on the Award-Winning feminist queer porn film The Crash Pad, CrashPadSeries.com is home to authentic queer sexuality.
* Erika Lust - Erika Lust never imagined that she would end becoming a writer, producer and director of erotic films. She realized that female voices were practically inexistent within the porn industry, it seemed a genre and a business made by men for men, and she decided that a change was necessary.
* Female Porn Directors - is a comprehensive online directory of women film makers who create porn. The erotic films they make span genres, kinks and fantasies. Importantly, they all bring their own female perspective to the work they make and they all share a desire to make good porn.
* Foxhouse Films - Foxhouse produces hardcore sex and BDSM content. There is a strong emphasis on FemDom, fetish, and queer sex. We present a variety of sexual orientations, gender identities and erotic scenarios, unveiling each interaction with authenticity. Foxhouse is a female owned company that takes a feminist approach to capturing hot sex and real desires by showcasing scenes which are collaboratively created by our polysexual and multigendered performers. We aim to exhibit innovative and provocative content that is not commonly seen elsewhere.
* I Shot Myself
Project_ISM is a public forum for self expression through nude portraiture. By removing the photographer and studio from the process, contributors are able to create their own experience and explore the medium in their own time and space. This freedom results in images that are much more intimate, expressive, and candid than any photographer could create at arm's length. Not every portrait is genius but each image is unique and personal, revealing far more than the body of a woman; it is the diversity of imagination that makes each image truly original.
* Postop-Postporno - Grupo de artivistas que investigan sobre género y post-pornografía.
* Bright Desire - Bright Desire is a celebration of sex. It’s a deliberate attempt to show all the good stuff that we love about sex – intimacy, laughter, connection and real pleasure. It’s also about enhancing and exploring fantasy – because our brains are just as important to our sex lives as our genitals. I want to make “thinking porn” – erotic material that engages your mind as well as your heart and your libido. I also want to create “grateful porn”, sexy videos that inspire joy and happiness.
* Zahra Stardust - I have three degrees, including a Masters on queer feminist activism in Sydney’s sex industry, and in 2013 I commenced a PhD on pornography. I have been a Guest Lecturer and Tutor in Gender and Cultural Studies at the University of Sydney for subjects such as Bodies Sexualities Identities and Sex Violence Transgression. I have worked in sexual health and development with the United Nations in both Australia (UNIFEM) and Eritrea (UNFPA). During the daytime, I teach pole dancing and work in policy and law reform as part of the sex worker rights movement in Australia.
* Queer Porn TV
* Make Love Not Porn
MakeLoveNotPorn is a Cindy Gallop production. I date younger men, usually in their 20s, and came up with the idea for MakeLoveNotPorn based on direct personal experience. I launched MakeLoveNotPorn at TED 2009: TED 2009: Make Love not Porn followed by an interview with me on the TEDBlog. Here is a talk I gave recently at the L2 GenerationNext Forum that expands on how this is the single biggest impact that technology is having on human behavior today.
* Dreams of Spanking
Dreams of Spanking offers high-quality, beautiful spanking films, photo galleries and audio stories which please the senses and excite the imagination. Here you'll find scenes including hard spanking, traditional English punishment, severe caning, historical storylines, edgy fantasies, romance, drama, adventure and heartfelt dominance and submission.
If you have other suggestions for our Visual Erotica & Pornography section please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodhull Sexual Freedom Alliance
Affirming sexual freedom as a fundamental human right - based in the USA.
Youth Health Service
Located in Cork city, the YHS provides services to young people aged under 21, YHS also provides support to partners/ family members affected by crisis pregnancy.
Bliss Ireland is operated entirely by volunteers - donations to maintain our services are greatly appreciated via PayPal to email@example.com
Last updated: 12/06/16